The 1999 Ford Expedition is a full-size SUV that offers spacious, comfortable, and reliable transportation for families and individuals alike. It features a sturdy body frame, powerful engine, and ample cargo space, making it an ideal vehicle for long road trips, outdoor adventures, and daily commutes. Whether you’re looking for a vehicle for your family or for your personal use, the 99 Ford Expedition is definitely worth considering.
Features and Specifications
The 99 Ford Expedition comes with a range of features and specifications that make it stand out from other SUVs in its class. Here are some of its key features:
|Fuel Economy||14 MPG city / 19 MPG highway|
|Seating Capacity||Up to 9 passengers|
|Cargo Space||20.9 cubic feet with all seats up / 110.8 cubic feet with rear seats folded|
Pros and Cons
Like any vehicle, the 99 Ford Expedition has its own set of pros and cons. Here’s a list of what makes it a great choice and what might be some of its drawbacks:
- Spacious cabin that can accommodate up to 9 passengers
- Powerful V8 engine that delivers good acceleration and towing capacity
- Ample cargo space for all your gear and luggage
- Reliable and durable construction that can withstand rough terrain and weather conditions
- Comfortable and smooth ride that makes long trips enjoyable
- Poor fuel economy compared to other SUVs in its class
- Some features and options may be outdated or not available
- Large and bulky body that can be difficult to maneuver in tight spaces
- Some owners have reported issues with electrical systems, transmission, or suspension
Price and Availability
If you’re interested in buying a 99 Ford Expedition, you can find them for sale in various locations, including used car dealerships, private sellers, and online marketplaces. The price range can vary depending on the condition, mileage, and location of the vehicle. On average, you can expect to pay between $2,000 and $6,000 for a 99 Ford Expedition in good condition.
1. Is the 99 Ford Expedition a reliable vehicle?
Yes, the 99 Ford Expedition is generally considered a reliable SUV that can last for many years if properly maintained. It has a solid body frame, strong engine, and durable components that can withstand wear and tear over time. However, like any car, it may require occasional repairs or replacements of parts due to normal wear and tear or accidents.
2. What is the fuel economy of the 99 Ford Expedition?
The 99 Ford Expedition has a fuel economy rating of 14 MPG in the city and 19 MPG on the highway. This is lower than other SUVs in its class, such as the Chevrolet Tahoe or GMC Yukon, which can achieve up to 16 MPG in the city and 22 MPG on the highway. However, the 99 Ford Expedition has a larger engine and more towing capacity than these models.
3. How much cargo space does the 99 Ford Expedition have?
The 99 Ford Expedition has a cargo space of 20.9 cubic feet with all seats up, and 110.8 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down. This is more than enough space to haul all your gear and luggage, and is one of the key features that makes the Expedition a popular choice for families and travelers.
4. What are some common issues with the 99 Ford Expedition?
Some common issues with the 99 Ford Expedition include electrical problems, such as faulty sensors or wiring, transmission problems, such as slipping gears or hard shifting, and suspension problems, such as worn out shocks or struts. However, these issues are generally not a cause for concern if the car has been well-maintained and serviced regularly. It’s always a good idea to have a mechanic inspect any used car before purchasing it.
The 99 Ford Expedition is a reliable and affordable SUV that offers plenty of space, power, and comfort for all your transportation needs. Whether you’re looking for a family vehicle or a personal adventure car, the Expedition is definitely worth considering. With its strong engine, sturdy construction, and ample cargo space, it’s a great choice for any driver who values reliability and versatility.